Think back to one year ago and picture your one-year-younger self. What has changed? What have you learned over the last while?
- A new skill?
- A new recipe?
- Tai Chi?
- More vocabulary in a new language?
The tagline for this website, For the love of learning reflects one of my core beliefs- that learning is growing.
Here are a few recent learnings that come to mind for me:
- Saying that I will always exercise on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday works better than planning to exercise “four times a week”. In the second case, I keep putting it off. I think I have the whole week ahead of me, but soon I run out of days!
- Everything connects to everything else. What we do to the environment here in North America directly impacts what happens in Central America and elsewhere. An extremely knowledgeable guide demonstrated this lesson to me in a walking tour in a rain forest.
- I now can do some basic video editing but I’ve learned that it will always take me about four times longer than I had planned.
- I like Twitter after all, contrary to my opinion when I first tried it a few years ago.
- Online teaching and in-person teaching require entirely different mindsets.
Okay, your turn. I’d love to hear some things that you have learned over the past year…